Friday, November 5, 2010

Summer & the Sun

check out the article about Invisible Zinc @ http://nzfashionista.blogspot.com

It feels like Suuummer! Well most of the last two weeks did.. So it is time to invest in some super sunscreen to combat harsh NZ UV rays. Being a bit of a skincare freak, I went with Invisible Zinc. Recently launched from Australia it made waves over to NZ where I picked it up at my local health shop for around $30. There are no chemicals or sunscreen agents.. just molecular zinc. Verdict? It definitely feels like sunscreen and you can still see a slight white mask on my pale skin. I'm wishing we had some Colorscience powder sunscreen that is available in the USA.


The other day I had a haircut for the first time at D&M in Ponsonby.
I had been itching to try out the salon since I spotted it earlier this year.

Photobucket

I booked in with Senior stylist Shannon for a simple hair trim. She has been with the salon from it's beginnings when there was only 3 stylists. (Danny, Michael & her?) It is now expanded into quite a large studio space with over 10 stylists. Danny & Michael were both present in the salon. Danny was doing Kathryn Wilson's hair in soft waves. She is gorgeous. Outside the salon windows were decorated with oversized pictures from her fashion shoe show in September. Shannon was a doll and created some of the best waves I have seen on this head. Definately recommend and will be seeing her again. I picked up some Moroccan Oil to nourish my dry ends. It gives spectacular shine and smoothness to my hair and cuts blowdrying time down to nil. Retails at $36.

check out Moroccan Oil @ http://nzfashionista.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers